Monday 18 October 2010

Virtual Reality Project Reflection



I based my final piece around the concept of addiction within virtual reality games. My idea was to illustrate a 'dose of reality', to show that there is still a lot to explore in the real world, and we should not swap real life for a virtual one.

What I enjoyed about the project



What I didn’t enjoy about the project
During this project, I found that it was hard to create something visually to explain virtual reality without doing the obvious computer based design. I had to look to find different aspects of virtual reality within my research and try and illustrate them as a visual interpretation.

Problems I encountered
I think the main problem I encountered during this project was to take a style of art illustration that is familiar to almost everyone (pop art) and try to put my own unique stamp on it to make something more original.

What went well
I thought that my experimentation with card textures, like the ones I used to create the flowers in the piece above, went well. I really like how they turned out after I scanned them in. Also I think I eventually came up with a lot of initial ideas and had two strong concepts to go with.

What didn’t go well
I think that I focused too much on one piece, which left me with little time to explore and develop my other chosen idea, which in the end made it not as strong as I would of liked it to be.

New skills acquired
I improved my research skills within this project, as I think that the research tasks set really helped me to research more than I would have normally on my previous ND course. It made the whole process a lot clearer and easier to follow.

New knowledge acquired
I think that from my research into some different artists such as James Jean and Andy Warhol, I learnt some new styles to explore within my work.

Time management
I hit my  target deadline and was not rushing to finish like in previous years of graphics.




SMART TARGETS
Specific - Well Defined - Significant, stretching


What is the task to be done? What are the details?
I want to introduce InDesign into my work to help me create better layouts for my designs and to build my work up to a professional standard.


Measurable - Know when it has been achieved = meaningful, motivational


How well has the task been done? What will be different if the task if completed?
I will be measurable by the improvement of presentation and placement in my next project once i try using InDesign to set up my documents. I will be measurable by practicing on InDesign in my own time.




I really enjoyed this project as it allowed me to look into a topic I am unfamiliar with and really explore different aspects of it. It also allowed me to try some styles I haven’t really looked into much before such as pop art.

No comments:

Post a Comment