Sunday 12 February 2012

Little White Lies - Negotiated project

For my negotiated project, i decided to take on the 'Little White Lies' brief in designing an illustrative front cover for their magazine. The brief instantly appealed to me because of my love for illustration, and consider the magazine focused on another love of mine, films, i didn't hesitate to choose this brief. 
Looking at the brief, there was a list of films that were on offer for the front cover, one of which was one of my favourite films of 2011, Super 8. The brief stated that the cover had to be focused on the main character of the film, so i had to consider this when creating my illustration.



I was quite pleased with the outcome of my project. I really struggled to choose a style that i thought was unique enough and hadn't already been done for previous covers of the magazine. I was really inspired by David Fullerton's paper texture illustrations, which eventually became the main inspiration for my cover. I was pleased with the way the hand drawn type turned out , and i felt it sat well with the illustration style. I feel as thought my illustration skills have somewhat improved from this project, although it was quite a simple outcome, i felt that it worked well. I will be submitting this to D&AD so hopefully i'll get somewhere with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment