Saturday 12 May 2012

Portfolio Website




Portfolio Website

What I enjoyed about the project
I really enjoyed the designing process of my website. I am becoming more and more fond of designing flat visuals, and would like to try more.

What I didn’t enjoy about the project
I didn't enjoy the actually building of the website in dreamweaver. Coding was much more difficult than I anticipated. 

Problems I encountered
The main problem i encountered was building my website. I found dreamweaver really difficult to use and it took me a while to build my website, even though it looks quite simple.

What went well
I think the design process of my website went well, as I created a layout that complimented my personal branding, and displayed my work clearly. 

What didn’t go well
I had a lot of trouble with Dreamweaver, and kept accidentally changing my code, which completely changed the view of the site. It took me a while to get all the code right, and the website working.

New skills acquired
After a lot of trial and error, I feel that I gained new skills in Dreamweaver, becoming more comfortable with the program as the weeks went by.

New knowledge acquired
I gained a vast knowledge of current web design, as well as the importance of planning a website using wireframes and site maps.

Time management
I felt that I handled most of my project well and kept up to date with the research tasks and development. However, my difficulties with DreamWeaver slowed me down, but I still managed to hit my deadline.


No comments:

Post a Comment