Wednesday 2 May 2012

'Wonder-ing' what I'm doing?

I have been on placement at Wonder Stuff Studio for three weeks now. The placement has been exciting, but very challenging. My main problem is trying to get myself up to speed with the pace that Paul works at. I find myself spending more time than I probably should on designs, which Paul, through years of experience, can achieve in half the time. Having said this, I am slowly starting to become faster in creating my visuals.


I have also had the opportunity to use InDesign more, with Paul showing me bits and pieces on the program. I'm still not 100% confident in using InDesign, but I know that if I want to get a job once I leave University, I need to be able to use the Adobe Suite to a high standard. 


This week I had the chance to work on some illustration pieces for a furniture company. They wanted some perspective sketches of their furniture, so they sent me through some photographs from their warehouse for me to draw. Having never done a perspective drawing before, it was a challenge, but I think I managed to produce professional quality work, which the client was happy with, which of course is what matters in the end.


These illustrations were worlds apart from my usual illustration style, but I enjoyed doing them and I think the outcome was much better than I thought it would be.


Here is a screenshot of the illustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment