Tuesday 26 April 2011

Editorial Project








We recently completed an editorial project. We were all given a different subject to base our designs on, creating a double page spread with a follow on page. My subject was based on Social Networking, and i decided to explore the obsession with the popular networking site 'Facebook'



What i enjoyed about the project
I enjoyed this project as i have never tried editorial design, but have always been interested it, so this brief gave me the opportunity to explore something new.

What i didn't enjoy about the project
I didn't enjoy leaving the project for a week to focus on something new, because i felt that this stopped my motivation for my idea so i struggled to finish it.

Problems i encountered
Although i am getting better with using InDesign, i still found aspects of it hard when it came to my editorial design. I thought that the arrangement of body copy was difficult to do and the document at first was hard to set up.

What went well
I think the photograph i took worked out really well. I was very pleased with the quality, especially after completing the editing, and considering i have no photography experience, i thought it turned out nice. 

What didn't go well
I accidentally lost the file for my photo so i had re-edit it all again which was a pain to do. Also, i found it really difficult to get the arrangement of my title to look right, but in the end i thought it looked good and worked well alongside the photograph.

New Skills acquired
Throughout this project many of my IT lessons helped me a lot, especially with the basics of setting up an editorial piece through InDesign, also i learnt about different file formats that can be imported into InDesign.

New Knowledge acquired
I think i am now more confident in using indesign, and i have gotten used to the different shortcuts when compared to illustrator, and the file formats for imported images.

Time management
I thought i managed my time well throughout the project, and actually finished a week early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment