Tuesday 1 February 2011

Penguin Book Cover Project


This project was a live brief for Penguin Books. We were asked to design a cover for either James and the giant peach, or One hundred years of solitude. I decided to choose One hundred years of solitude, displayed above



What i enjoyed about the project
I enjoyed this project as it gave me a chance to explore illustration, which I am a huge fan of, so this project was extremely fun for me.

What i didn't enjoy about the project
I found the template a bit annoying to stick to for the book cover, but other than that I really enjoyed this project.

Problems i encountered
I found it hard to recreate a style that looked unique and modern, and I had to go through a lot of research before I found a style I wanted to create.

What went well
I think the cutting out of my design went far better than expected, and I was really happy with the outcome of it.

What didn't go well
Scanning my cut out into the computer proved a problem as it took me a long time to clean up both sides so that they were ready to be used. Also I had to finish my project in photoshop as when I put it into InDesign it became very pixelated.

New Skills acquired
Cutting out detailed illustrations was very new to me so I think I gained a bit of experience in that which I could use in future designs.

New Knowledge acquired
I gained knowledge of some new illustrators throughout my research/report, which gave me more inspiration to refer to for future ideas.

Time management
I think I managed my time well during this project, although I left the report quite late and wish I’d started it earlier, but got it finished in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment