Tuesday 1 February 2011

Bistro Project Review

Logo + sign set 


Stationery set


Coffee menu

This project was a live brief for newcastle college. The task was to design a logo for one of four restaurants on campus, as well as a stationery set and a menu example.



What i enjoyed about the project
I enjoyed this project as I have not tried to create many logos as I have always been a bit frightened of them. I think completing this project really boosted my confidence in logo design.
What i didn't enjoy about the project
I did find it really difficult to come up with ideas for this project at first, and I think the initial idea stage was a struggle.
Problems i encountered
As this was a live brief, and would be displayed to students, I found it really difficult to come up with an idea that I was happy with, and that would appeal to students.
What went well
I think once I had my bistro idea in my head, I developed that really well and I thought my final outcome was good.

What didn't go well
I think working on my chefs academy design too much left me with little time to work on my bistro design, which I thought I rushed slightly, although I was happy with the outcome.

New Skills acquired
I think I gained a lot more confidence in logo design and I will look to try as many ideas as I can, good or bad, in the future instead of trying to perfect one design straight away.

New Knowledge acquired
My research into more modern logo designs, even simple ones, really helped me and I will take this forward into future logo related projects.

Time management
I think I managed my time well and was overall happy with the outcome of my project. I would of liked to spend a bit more time on the menu designs however.

No comments:

Post a Comment