Monday 9 April 2012

Jon Contino

I recently came across the work of a NY based designer called Jon Contino, and was blown away by his unique style of work! The vast range of design work he has on his website is brilliant, but what i loved the most about his work was the range of textures that he used, especially in typography. 






Looking through his blog, it is obvious that he studies old school typography, collecting old newspapers and magazine, taking inspiration from them. This would be a great idea for me to consider starting as i have recently become more and more interested in typography, using a lot more hand rendered type in my own work.


My favourite piece on the site would have to be the 'Can't look away' campaign for EMP Museums. Being a huge fan of horror films, i loved the styling of this and the colours used. I think the logo illustrates what the event is about, without being horrific and off-putting to viewers. I also loved the display that was used at the event!




Finally, i thought the posters that were used for the event were brilliant. The humour in them worked really well, and again the logo fit the design perfectly. I will most definitely be giving Jon Contino's site plenty of visits when i get stuck with design block in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment