Tuesday 10 April 2012

You can never have too many books

I love to buy books as i find them a great source of inspiration when i'm working on projects, or just wanting new ideas to look at. I've built up a decent collection recently, but i'd have to say the following are my favourites at the minute!



For love and Money
This book is a great source for inspiration for illustration, as it contains a huge range of modern illustrators including one of my favourite Zac Johnson!


Hand Job
Probably my most used book, in a sense a bible for me, contains a mass amount of inspiration for hand drawn lettering, as well as being printed on really nice paper!


Monsters in the movies
While this book isn't based on design, it does have a huge selection of amazing old movie photography, as well as old horror posters which themselves have some beautiful colours and are very inspiring. 


James Jean - Rebus
One of my favourite artists, James Jean, brought out this book containing a lot of his fine art and illustration pieces. Beautifully put together and mind blowing detail, one of my favourite books to look through when i'm struggling with work.


Scripts
My most recent purchase, this book contains a vast amount of old-school typography, from old signs to elegant typefaces. Really inspiring book for anyone interested in typography.


No comments:

Post a Comment